Searchassist.net is a deceptive computer infection categorized as browser hijacker. This dubious threat is created by hackers to cheat innocent users by poisoning their search result. This cunning virus pretends to be a genuine search provider and claim to enhance your web browsing experience. It can easily alter any windows computer and work with almost all famous web browsers. It can assail your main browser and modify its settings. It can change the homepage and search engine. Then after when you will open your browser, you will find Searchassist.net as you default start page. It will show lots of sponsored search results and misleading advertisements on your computer system. It is mainly aimed to earn pay per click commission and it can also redirect your browser on malicious websites.
Searchassist.net virus can hijack Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, MS Edge and many others. Once installed, this notorious threat can brutally damage your entire system and leads to major damage. This perilous threat can also disable your anti-virus and firewall security to make your system vulnerable to other threats. This perilous malware infection can also install malicious and potentially harmful programs on your system without permission. Searchassist.net virus can track your browsing history and monitor your online activities. It can steal your personal information including your banking details, credit card, IP address and many more. It can share those details with hackers who can use your data for cyber crime. So it is advised to remove Searchassist.net virus soon from your PC.
Section A : Automatically Remove Searchassist.net Virus From Your PC (Recommended Method)
Section B : Manually Remove Searchassist.net Virus From your System (Time Taking and Risky Method)
Remove Searchassist.net Automatically from your PC
If you think that manual removal is not easy then SpyHunter is one of the most dominant,strongest and convenient to use utility which can readily detect and get rid of all kinds of noxious malware and spyware threats totally from your windows PC. SpyHunter malware scanners is mainly developed by security researchers, with various type of marvelous features and is able to remove Searchassist.net in just few very easy steps. SpyHunter malware scanner is also too good because it is users friendly and interactive graphical users interface that make free the users to use all its marvelous features easily and that’s why you can get rid of all cunning threats from your PC without any technical skills.
If you really want to get rid of Searchassist.net virus then you quick need to must download SpyHunter malware Scanner utility which scan your overall computing machine completely and will show all malicious and noxious threats existing in your PC. All the same in order to remove Searchassist.net completely & permanently you will need the purchased the full version of this utility, in the meantime, the good news it SpyHunter is absolutely cost effective and you can purchased the licensed key of SpyHunter very easily from this sites or using cost free Scanner Tools.
How To Use SpyHunter Malware Scanner
1. Download the SpyHunter Malware Scanner and Install it on your system.
2. Click on Scan Computer Now! button to start a complete scan of your PC.
3. SpyHunter Will detect all the hidden threats and viruses on your computer.
4. Finally press Fix Threats button to remove all the detected threats from your computer.
Manually Remove Searchassist.net Virus From your system
Option A – Remove Searchassist.net From Computer
Step 1 : Find & Delete Searchassist.net Related Hidden Folders
Show Hidden Files On Windows Computer
- Double Click on My Computer or This PC icon on your computer screen.
- Now Windows Explorer will get opened on your computer screen.
- Press Yes on the warning and then press OK.
Delete Hidden Folder
1. Go to your computer and open Windows Explorer.
2. Find all the malicious files related to Searchassist.net.
3. Select the folder and click Shift+Delete+Enter.
Step 2 : Remove Searchassist.net From Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together.
- Run box will get opened on your computer.
- Type taskmgr and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select the malicious process and click End Process.
Step 3 : Remove Searchassist.net From Control Panel
For Windows 8 & 10
1. Right Click on the Start menu and select Control Panel.
2. Select “ program a Uninstall ”
3. Search the Searchassist.net Related programs and uninstall them.
For Windows 7 Vista
1: Go to Start menu and select “Control Panel’’ Option
2: Now click on Uninstall a program under Programs category.
3: Finally select and remove unwanted program from your system.
For Windows XP
1. Go to Start menu and select “Control Panel” option
2. Then click “Add or Remove Programs” options.
3. Select the malicious program and click on remove button
Remove Searchassist.net From Registry Entries
- Press “Windows logo + R” buttons together on your keyboard.
- The Run box will get opened on your computer screen.
- Type regedit in the box and click on OK button.
- Now find out Searchassist.net related malicious registry entries.
- Delete all the harmful registry keys created by the threat.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
Option B: Remove Searchassist.net from Infected Browsers
Part 1 : Remove Searchassist.net From Browser Extensions
Remove Searchassist.net from Google Chrome
- Go to Start menu and select “Chrome”
- Firstly disable the strange extensions and delete from your Google Chrome browser.
Remove Searchassist.net From Mozilla Firefox
- Press menu button and choose add-ons.
- Then after press on the Extension tab, from add-ons Manager tab.
- Search all noxious extensions including Searchassist.net
- Press Disable or Remove button next to desired extension.
- Then at last Finally restart your browser.
Remove Searchassist.net from Internet Explorer
1. Firstly open your IE, Press on the Tools option select Manage add-ons.
2. Choose Toolbar and Extensions option left side of your window.
3. Then choose Searchassist.net extension.
5. If you don’t find remove button then click on the Disable button.
Remove Searchassist.net From Microsoft Edge
As we know that, Microsoft Edge browser doesn’t have extension option here upon you just need to reset your homepage and search engine to remove Searchassist.net from the browser.
1. Press on More (…) icon and go to Settings
2. Choose A specific page or pages from under the Open option.
3. Select Custom and enter desire URL of page, you wish to apply as homepage.
Reset Search Engine
1. Choose More (…) then press on Settings buttons.
2. Press the View advanced settings option.
3. Press the < Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”.
4. Enter the search engine you want and press Add as default.
Part 2 : Reset your Web Browser Settings
Reset your Google Chrome Browser
3. Click on “ Reset settings” for removing unwanted settings from your Google Chrome Browser.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox Browser
1. Open your Mozilla Firefox.
2. Press on “Menu” buttons
3. Choose “ Troubleshooting information”.
4. Click “ Refresh Firefox” on the top of right corner of the window.
5. Then after a small window will open press again “ Refresh Firefox”.
Reset your Internet Explorer
2. select “ Advanced” tab and click on “Reset” button.
3. Choose “ Delete Personal Settings” and again click on the “Reset” Button.
Reset your Microsoft Edge Browser
1. Select More (…) icon on the address bar.
2. Then after select Settings option.
3. Press “Choose what to clear”
4. carefully check the first three option then after click Clear.
Hot Tips : How To Avoid Threats Like Searchassist.net
If you have followed the above guide carefully then you have successfully removed this nasty virus from your computer. This section is specially written to help you in avoiding these kind of threats in future. As prevention is always better than cure, so you can also avoid threats like Searchassist.net from your system by following these simple tips :-
- Use a powerful anti-virus application for the safety of your PC.
- Do not download freeware application from unsafe sites.
- Always scan any email attachment before opening.
- Keep checking your system for updates regularly.
- Always prefer official websites to update your system programs.
- Make sure that your Firewall protection is active.
- Do not click on fake pop-ups and misleading advertisements.
- Try to avoid visiting suspicious or pornographic websites.
- Use Advanced or custom installation method.